Delphi on Win 7 64-bit
scbs29
2015-02-09 14:18:54 UTC
Hello all
Many years ago I used Delphi 2 and would like to start using Delphi
again. I am not bothered with cloud, .net, mobile apps etc, just a
plain straightforward version with ADO if possible. I would also like
to be able to display .png and .jpg files with in the propgeam, either
through something built in or through an ActiveX control.
Can anyone advise me which versions of Delphi will suffice for my
requirements ?
Again I would be happy with Delphi 2 if it will run ok on WIn 7 Pro
64-bit.
TIA
--
remove fred before emailing
Registered Linux User 490858
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.
2015-02-10 00:41:15 UTC
In article <***@4ax.com>, scbs29
@fred.talktalk.net says...
Post by scbs29
Hello all
Many years ago I used Delphi 2 and would like to start using Delphi
again. I am not bothered with cloud, .net, mobile apps etc, just a
plain straightforward version with ADO if possible. I would also like
to be able to display .png and .jpg files with in the propgeam, either
through something built in or through an ActiveX control.
Can anyone advise me which versions of Delphi will suffice for my
requirements ?
Again I would be happy with Delphi 2 if it will run ok on WIn 7 Pro
64-bit.
TIA
It's up there in the XE level now

It seems you have been out of it for a few years now.
Borland has long sold it.

Search for Delphi XE7

Embarcadero

There is also Lazarus-ide which is free, it's an open source project
but it memics Delphi 7 and supports the 32 or 64 bit os.

Jamie
scbs29
2015-02-10 13:50:46 UTC
On Mon, 9 Feb 2015 19:41:15 -0500, "Maynard A. Philbrook Jr."
Post by Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.
@fred.talktalk.net says...
Post by scbs29
[...]
Thanks for the reply.
I have downloaded Lazarus and am going to trythat.
Brian
2015-02-19 13:21:02 UTC
Post by scbs29
[...]
Since your .sig said you were a Linux user, you'll also note that the
FreePascal/Lazarus combination runs on a hell of a lot more platforms
than does Delphi, including Linux of course, and can be set up to
cross-compile to Windows. There are differences, but if you go from
Delphi 2 to a modern version then you're going to find a lot of
differences there, too.

Brian
--
This message has been sent from an invalid address
Replace 'Usenetposting' with my name to reply by e-mail.